Saturday, May 19, 2012

Time to Face the Wilderness!

It is already the final evening before the Ohlone Wilderness 50k!  I can't believe it.  My mind is doing its pre-race running now, setting up my nutrition and filling the pockets of my Salomon S-Lab (which I had to modify with velcro in one spot for my small frame):
  • Hammer Perpetuum w/flask
  • Extra Hammer Perpetuum tabs
  • Enduralytes
  • 2 GUs
  • iPod shuffle (in case of a motivation emergency)
I have laid out my clothes and planned my breakfast.  Set the clock for 4:45am.  I think that's it!

The last three weeks have been a long, slow taper and I should be physically rested by now.  Work was unusually busy this past week, however, so I unfortunately can't say that I am mentally rested.  I will just have to wait and see how everything goes tomorrow... I am sure that the 50k is going to be an adventure. There is even going to be a 90% solar eclipse at 6:30pm PDT following the race.  That's definitely a unique way to wrap up my first "ultra"!

Go, Vertical Turtle, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment