Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Serene Hills of Los Vaqueros Watershed

One of the best parts of running hills is the vistas that nature rewards you.  Today we ran some super-steep hills in Los Vaqueros Watershed and took in some of the most lovely views I have ever seen.  (I was only able to grab a few photos, unfortunately, because my camera died mid-run.  I promise to take more next time.)

We only ran 8 miles as per our training schedule, but I can't wait to explore more trails as the training mileage increases.  The park restricts biking and horseback riding, making it safer for hikers and runners.  (Sorry riding enthusiasts!)  Since the hills are so steep in this park, it is a relief that I don't have to worry about bikes free-falling down the trail towards me.   I also don't have to dance around horse droppings.  Finally, the watershed connects to Morgan Territory, producing a vast territory for a crazed ultra runner.

In short, it is a hill runner's paradise.

View of the Los Vaqueros Watershed at the end of mile 4.

A typical climb for this park.

A climb, up close and personal.

The elevation change for our 8 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment